Wix Email Marketing: Features and Cost
Learn how to use the Wix Email Marketing tool, what its greatest benefits are and how it compares to other tools.
Table of Contents
Learn how you use the Wix Email Marketing tool, what are its biggest benefits, and how it compares to other tools.
If you are exploring the many useful business tools that Wix has apart from their extensive website building tool, you probably came across the Wix Email Marketing feature, or even the Ascend by Wix marketing and customer management suite. All of Wix’s plans have email marketing as part of their free or paid features, however, different packages have different benefits.
In this article, we’ll focus on the free version, and go through the extra features that come with Ascend plans.
Keep in mind that the email marketing tool is just one of the features in Ascend by Wix, but we will focus mostly on that useful tool.
Features of the Wix Email Marketing service with a free plan
Considering you are already a Wix user and have a Wix website, you are already eligible to use the email marketing tool this website builder has.
The email building and automation tool enable you to create and send effective email campaigns that will engage your audience and bring bigger traffic to your website.
These are its features.
Drag and drop editor
Similar to the Wix website builder itself, the email editor is also easy to use, intuitive and built on a drag and drop principle.
The emails can easily be optimized to be mobile responsive, and designed to perfection due to the large number of fonts, backgrounds, stock photography and videos, and a high level of additional customization.
You can build emails from scratch, or choose to use one of the many templates available in Wix’s library.
This comes as no surprise since that is the main value email automation tools have, but you can schedule the sending time of your emails, as well as personalize them according to your preferences and best practices.
For example, you can personalize emails with your contacts’ names to increase the open rate and engagement.
Number of emails
With a free Wix subscription, you can send up to 5,000 emails every month, over the course of three email campaigns. That means 5,000 individual emails, even if one recipient gets three different emails that month. The number of emails reboots at the start of each month, so next month you have a clean sale of 5,000 more emails.
For a small business or a new startup, this number is great to start with. If you feel like it’s not enough, you can purchase an Ascend subscription, or simply use another email automation tool.
Data reporting and tools
Of course, it also comes to no surprise that you can track the success of your email campaigns in real-time, with key metrics such as delivery rate, open rate, clicks, time of reading, etc.
Additionally, you can run split tests that can help you learn which design and content of emails perform better, and use the learnings about the best results to optimize your future email campaigns.
Ascend by Wix plans
If you’re already a Wix user, but the regular services of the email marketing feature aren’t enough for your number of clients and bigger needs, Wix has a formidable number of extra business tools and paid plans that can help you take your marketing and customer care even further.
For example, with Ascend by Wix, you get a full suite of tools to help you with business growth. That means that except the bigger number of emails and campaigns you can send each month, you can also use the Wix SEO Wiz tool, the Video Maker, Contact Manager, Tasks and Reminders, Price Quotes and other marketing integrations, such as connecting your dashboard to tools like Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel.
Since there are three paid Ascend plans, we’ll got into detail only about their limitations and benefits focusing on email marketing:
- Basic: You can send up to 9,500 emails per month split in 5 email campaigns. The cost of this plan is 10 dollars per month.
- Professional: You can send up to 50,000 emails per month, split in 20 email marketing campaigns. The price for this package is 24 dollars per month.
- Unlimited: This Ascend plan enables you to send up to one million emails per month, sorted into an unlimited number of campaigns. It comes at a heftier price of 49 dollars per month. Apart from having a notably larger number of emails every month, this is the only plan that comes with a VIP support for its customers, so if you have an omni-channel platform built on Wix, it is worth the extra bucks.
How does it compare to other mail automation tools?
Right off the bat, Wix Email Marketing is a very useful feature for anyone using Wix as their primary website builder and hosting platform. There are multiple pros on why you should build and implement your email marketing strategy on the platform itself, but most importantly these:
- You can follow all your leads and key metrics directly from the emails and website, and keep track of key metrics from different channels in the same dashboard.
- The editor is easy to use and intuitive, and the templates are a great base to start off building beautiful and high-performing emails.
- Even the free plan offers a good number of emails and campaigns for a new small business or startup that builds its client and subscriber base. When you scale up, you can purchase a more fitting Ascend plan.
However, if you don’t have a Wix website, you won't be able to use these tools. However, there are plenty of other email automation tools at your disposal. Most of them are focused on email building, automation and campaign tracking, contrary to Wix, whose email marketing feature is an additional tool accompanying their main service: website building and management.
Here are some tools you should consider:
- Mailchimp: Not only the oldest, but also the most popular email marketing platform in the world, mostly because it has a forever free plan (although it has its limitations). You can add a MailChimp integration on almost any platform, so don’t be worried that it’s not highly applicable.
- GetResponse: What makes GetResponse unique is that it integrates with third party lead generation software like OptinMonster, SalesForce, Google Docs, ZenDesk, etc. It also has great customer support provided by phone, live chat, and email.
- Zoho Campaigns: Zoho is a cloud-based online office suite that has plenty of tools. One of them is Zoho Campaigns, an email marketing automation tool that can be used with or without Zoho CRM or suite.
- Drip: Drip is an enterprise email marketing platform for eCommerce, bloggers, and digital marketers. It has a wide range of automation, sales funnels and personalization tools.
If you are a Wix user, you should definitely use the free email marketing feature that can help you with customer engagement and lead generation. However, if you are yet to build a website, do a thorough research and see which tool for email automation is most affordable outside of a Wix subscription. Or, simply build one using this great drag and drop tool, and keep track of every marketing effort on the same dashboard.
Journalist turned content writer. Based in North Macedonia, aiming to be a digital nomad. Always loved to write, and found my perfect job writing about graphic design, art and creativity. A self-proclaimed film connoisseur, cook and nerd in disguise.