How to Request Brochures & Booklets
In marketing and advertising, a well-designed brochure or booklet is one of the well-known best ways to reach your business target and promote your products or services.
There are different types and layouts you can pick, and choosing the right one for your purpose is entirely up to you. Below is our latest guide, some tips & tricks, and the steps we take to ensure these graphics are created with design, content, and your readers in mind.👇🏻
1. Project name
This first section is similar to the subject line of an email - the more concise you can be, the better! Examples: 👇🏻
- Bi-Fold company brochure for brand awareness purposes
- Z-Fold booklet for a recruitment and training event
- Academic brochure for students loan.
2. Select your brand profile.
You will be asked to select which brand profile you would like to link with your brief. Everything from font and text size to custom graphics, images, and colors must be addressed. If you have an official brand manual, please select it here. This will help us better understand your brand's visual strategy and will dictate what style we approach when creating your graphics.
👉🏻 You can choose an already created brand profile, allowing your designer to have access to those brand assets you want added or used as inspiration, making the process faster and easier.
👉🏻 You can request a completely new visual identity, in which case you can always create a new brand profile or simply use the upload button below for any designs, assets, or inspiration we should follow.
☝🏻 For how to create brand profiles and link them to your requests, check 👉🏻 Brand Profiles
3. Types of layout
Here's a list of the most used brochure and booklet types in the business environment. Choose the best one for your specific project. 🙌🏻
- Gate Fold 👉🏻 it's mostly used in high-end marketing due to its compactness and durability. It emphasizes an 8-panel structure with ample space to talk about your products or services, along with complementary images or graphics.
- Bi-Fold 👉🏻 it's the most common type of layout used by companies, having 2 folds that form 4 panels: front cover, back cover, and two internal panels where you can present all the information about your company, brand, and products.
- Tri-Fold 👉🏻 similar to the bi-fold, only bigger, it has 6 panels to present your information to your target audience.
- Z-Fold 👉🏻 as the name suggests, it folds like the letter ‘Z’, making it easy to carry around and ideal to show data, guides, and technical information among others.
4. Usage, copy, size, and format
👉🏻 Where will you use the graphics?
Do you need it for print (mass or local distribution) or for the web (e-mail, digital meetings, marketing campaigns, etc.)? Maybe you're looking for graphics that can work across multiple formats. Always mention these details to your designer, this helps give us an idea of the scale of the task and how to best approach it.
👉🏻 What size and format do you need?
What size do you need it to be and what file formats do you need us to provide? This information is essential to know from the beginning of the project so that no time is wasted on incorrect formats. Example: A4 portrait .pdf
👉🏻 What's the exact copy you want to include?
Titles, subtitles, paragraphs, we need to have access to your final content. 👌🏻
Before you submit the brief to your designer you need to mention also what graphics or images you want to show. Once you have a solid plan for what each page/slide should contain, your designer can start thinking about the concept.
💡Tips & Tricks! Does your design project require custom illustrations/icons?
If the answer is yes, don't forget to mention in the brief all details related, so that an illustrator along with a graphics designer can be assigned to your project right from the start, avoiding delays.
What other similar brochures or booklet concepts do you like and why? You can upload them as attachments, share them as links or even save them and select them as your brand profile.
☝🏻Where to find inspiration? Check our Ultimate Guide to creating efficient Mood Boards.
🙌🏻 After you've successfully completed all sections of the brief and submitted the project, your assigned designer will start working on it and will deliver the first draft on the next business day (sometimes 2 for complex requests). If revisions are needed, no worries, you can easily communicate with your designer using the chat in the ManyPixels app.
💡Tips & Tricks! Your assigned designer/illustrator will provide daily updates until the project is completed. Here is a rough estimate of what you can expect to receive on a daily basis 👉🏻 daily output.
Ready to submit your first brochure/booklet request? Pick the right plan for you here.