Account & Subscription
Our Design Process
Tips, Tricks & Best Practices
Tips & Tricks
How to Request Email Graphics
Due to the many distractions, competing calls for our attention, and the huge amount of information that is visually presented to us daily the average attention span is now considered to be just around eight seconds. This means that, as a business, you have a short window of time to capture your target’s attention through email marketing.
Below is our latest guide with tips & tricks for submitting an efficient email design brief to your ManyPixels designer. 🙌🏻
1. What are email graphics?
You probably already know that graphic content is considered to be easier to read and to get more attention than simple text. The most successful email content is designed in a way that encourages engagement with your subscribers and helps build brand awareness through logo, color palette, illustrations, style consistency, CTA buttons, etc.
2. Formats and sizes
Breaking news! 👉🏻 People don’t actually read newsletters. We just quickly scan them to see if something grabs our attention and then we simply press delete.
So, how can you keep it short, simple, and creative at the same time? 👇🏻
- header graphics - the recommended size is between 600-700 px wide, with a proportional height (a general guideline is 100-200 pixels).
- in-mail graphics - the recommended size is 480 x 480 px or smaller. The bigger the image, the greater the chance to be blocked by an email filter or firewall.
- infographics - the recommended size is between 600-700 px wide. Slicing it into smaller graphics and coding them together in an HTML table is recommended.
Your assigned designer will save your graphics as a .jpeg, .png, or .gif format with RGB color values.
🚨 Keep in mind that some servers will reject or filter an email if the content is too image-heavy so make sure to keep a balance between text and images.
💡Tips & Tricks! For the best experience on a retina display, double the size of your graphics. For example: for a 640 px header, upload a 1280 px version.
❗️Make sure you always mention the exact sizes and formats you need, in the brief, before submitting the task to your ManyPixels designer, as a way to avoiding delays and misunderstandings.
3. Graphic content
For the graphics inside your email, limit the text to:
- brand logo
- value proposition - a title or catchphrase that stands out
- CTA - text or button, it encourages readers to click/share
- quotes - be always mindful of copyright issues
❗️All the other information or text included in your emails is part of copywriting not design.
💡Tips & Tricks! Keep your text simple and your graphics memorable, always matching your brand identity (brand guidelines). Does your design project require custom illustrations/icons? If the answer is yes, don't forget to mention in the brief all details related, so that an illustrator along with a graphics designer can be assigned to your project right from the start, avoiding delays.
What are your aesthetic preferences or reference materials you are inspired by? Always provide a visual direction for your designer 👉🏻 What other similar concepts do you like and why? You can upload them as attachments, share them as links or even save them and select them as your brand profile.
- upload images of similar graphics that you like or assets you already have and want to use
- provide links to similar concepts that you like, on platforms such as Dribbble, Behance, Pinterest, ManyPixels Portfolio, etc. or any other inspirational source you might find convenient.
- provide already used email graphic templates.
☝🏻Where to find inspiration? Check our Ultimate Guide to creating efficient Mood Boards.
🙌🏻 After you've successfully completed all sections of the brief and submitted the project, your assigned designer will start working on it and will deliver the first draft on the next business day (sometimes 2 for complex requests). If revisions are needed, no worries, you can easily communicate with your designer using the chat in the ManyPixels app.
Ready to submit your first email design request? Pick the right plan for you here.